15th - 16th October
The Australia New Guinea Fishes Association Queensland (ANGFA Qld) in conjunction with ANGFA Incorporated (ANGFA National), are proud to present the world renowned ANGFA Convention for 2022. This is the largest event focusing on Australian and New Guinea fishes anywhere in the fishkeeping realm. The ANGFA National Convention is a biannual event that brings our members from across Australia and the world, together, to discuss and showcase our native aquatic fauna, flora and ecosystems.
The Convention is being held at the Eatons Hill Hotel, which is located at 646 South Pine Road, Eatons Hill, Queensland, 4037 (see https://www.eatonshillhotel.com.au/), just 25 minutes north of Brisbane CBD and 20 minutes from Brisbane Airport.
For secure online payment use the PayPal buttons further down this page. You can pay with your credit card or via a PayPal account if you have one.
Eatons Hill Hotel have a full range of facilities and accommodation and is an industry leader in entertainment, dining and leisure. Eatons Hill Hotel is a one stop shop for business and pleasure; boasting over 16 function spaces, 9 bars, a restaurant, kids playground, nightclub, gaming room, retail precinct and a luxury 4.5 star boutique accommodation building offering a range of room-types catering to both leisure and corporate stays. There is ample car parking at the venue for people who wish to drive in and out, or to hire a vehicle.
Eatons Hill Hotel has accommodation facilities and our plan is that most of our Presenters and Delegates will be staying there. However there is other accommodation in and around the local area if you would prefer to stay elsewhere. Eatons Hill Hotel also have several areas of dining in their complex. We are planning to book a table at one of the venues for Presenters and Delegates, rather than a formal Convention Dinner, allowing people to order a-la-carte as they desire.
Presenters are currently being finalised who will speaking at Convention on a range of topics relevant to Australian and New Guinean native fish and their conservation.
Contacts for Convention are:
- Graeme Finsen (0401 052 093)
- David Roberts (0488 012 208)
There are heaps of great prizes being donated by our sponsors so we'll be seeing a lot of smiling attendees with something special to take home.
Orders for convention clothing is also now open, please note all clothing orders will close approximately 1 month before the Convention (TBA*).
(*Orders post this date will still be accepted – but they will not be available in time for Convention, and will incur a delivery fee.)
The ANGFA dinner will be held on the Saturday night. The dinner is always a great chance to mingle with other like-minded enthusiasts from Australia and overseas.
Instead of holding an auction there will be 8 trading tables (2x1m) available for rent at $50 a table (people can share tables/split costs, but it will be first come first served to rent the 8 tables). Trade Table users are responsible for their own stock, cash handling and sales. The Trading Tables will take place on the Saturday afternoon, prior to the convention dinner. We expect a plethora of Australian & New Guinea fish species, aquatic plants and invertebrates to be available. Regular updates of what will be on offer will be provided closer to the event.
The ANGFA National AGM will be held after the convention dinner on Saturday night.
Also on Friday afternoon we will host a field trip to the nearby South Pine River and/or Youngs Crossing.
- Members $225 AUD (early bird paid before 30 June 2022 $185 AUD)
- Non-members $275 AUD (early bird paid before 30 June 2022 $235 AUD )- both options include a bonus 12 month ANGFA membership for non-members
- Live streaming access to the Convention for people based outside of Australia is available at the same rates as registration listed above.
- Saturday Evening Dinner To be paid by attendees on the night but please 'book' for dinner using the PayPal button below ($0 to be paid at the time of booking)
- Room bookings to be organised directly with the Eatons Hill Hotel 07 3325 6777. Press "1" to get to accommodation. Mention that you are attending the "Australia New Guinea Fishes Association National Convention'' and give the code EHC1. You can then pay securely by credit card details to secure your booking and will be emailed a booking confirmation. Rooms are $165 for Convention (and with the above code). Make sure you question any figure above that. Also you can cancel up to 24 hours prior to your first day. And if it's under that, they only will bill you for 1 day assuming you cancel by phone or e-mail as per Accommodation details listed below.
For registration and payment please use the secure PayPal buttons below. The first one you select will open up a PayPal window and you can return to here from there to add all of the items you want, i.e. don't check out of that window until you have everything you want. Your membership status will be checked and if you are not a current 2022 member you will be required to pay the non-members price. Therefore it's best to join up or renew your membership before purchasing your convention ticket!
Use each of the PayPal buttons below to select what you want. You add each item to you 'cart' (which, depending on which browser software you are using, will open in a separate tab or window) separately and then 'continue shopping' (again, depending on which browser software you are using you may be redirected directly back to the Convention page or to the ANGFA home page (in that case just select 'ANGFA Convention again to add another item)). Once you have all of the items you want in your 'cart' you can 'check out' and pay for them all in one secure transaction.
The $0.01 charge is just a quirk with paypal.
ANGFA Convention 2022 - some of our Brisbane Speakers