Having to log in every visit

Important announcements & information can be found here.

Moderators: Leo, angfa, RonO

killiguy

Having to log in every visit

Post by killiguy »

Im getting a bit fed up with having to type in user name and password every time I visit the site which is daily at least
Can it be fixed that I dont need to do this every time???esp since Im a frequent flyer!!!
NormanHeckenberg

Post by NormanHeckenberg »

On the login box I find a tickbox 'log me in automatically on each visit '(or something like that). With that ticked, I seem to get in automatically most of the time (sometimes I have to log in, I dont know why)
Norman
Norman Heckenberg
abellm

Post by abellm »

for the auto login to work you also need to allow cookies for the website.
Have fun...
ReMarkAbell...
killiguy

Post by killiguy »

I tick the box each time but it doesnt seem to work

What are cookies beyond the obvious :shock:
abellm

Post by abellm »

Cookies are small files that the various websites store on your computer tho hold assorted bits of information. In this case it will store that you have ticked the auto logon box, plus your login details.
The browser preferences box might not call them cookies any more, but sometimes disabling all sorts of things in the browser can have this effect.

One option is to try using a different browser with just it's standard default settings & see if that works.
Have fun...
ReMarkAbell...
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Firefox will ask you if you want it to remember your login details. It works for all my logins.

Some other browsers will give you the opion to remember your details but if you use a internet cleaning program some of them will delete the details all the time.

However, firefox works for me and I also use a cleaning program called "Crap Cleaner" and it doesn't delete the details. However, some of the cleaning programs will allow you to set an exemption.

Try firefox, its the best browser anyway. Don't use MS crap!

Adrian